Islamic month of Rabbi-ul-Awwal is celebrated across the world as the month of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).The month marks his birthday.
We Dawoodi Bohra Community ,traditionally makes a sweet dish known as Kalamra, it is at heart made with cooked rice, mixed in with its Signature ingredient, the yogurt.I add cream and condense milk too for its creamy texture .Finally garnishing it with dry red Rose petals and fresh Pomegranate seeds.
- Course :
- Servings :
- Author :
- Description :
A Bohra dessert made of Rice and Yogurt.
- 1cup Rice
- 11/2cup curd
- 1/2 cream
- Fresh Pomegranate seeds
- Rose Petals
- First Cook the rice with Ghee till it’s done and soft without adding any salt.
- Next with hand blender or a mixture grinder mix cooked rice and curd.
- Add sugar as per your taste. You can also add milk-maid to sweeten the batter.
- Let the batter be coarse, smooth enough to eat.
- Mix fresh cream to enhance its taste more.
- Add the batter into serving a dish Start adding some colours by garnishing your white dish add a layer of almondand pomegranate seeds with some raisins and rose petals which surely makes the dish gorgeous.
- Refrigerate it for a while before you serve it.
Happy Cooking !!
Stay Connected with my food updates on Instagram and faccebook @melaswithmemories .