Weekend with pleasant climate is a Bliss Friday lunch is always a treat ,Lunching with grilled Chicken accompanied by protein rich homemade Hummus.
I never knew some 17 years back when I sat by the window seat of Kuwait Airways, looking out of that tiny window at the vast expanse of the universe , already missing home, that I would be making and blogging Hummus sitting in Kuwait.
It comes from Arabic word hummus means “chickpeas”. Its a best Arabic cold mozzah means an appetizer. It’s mainly staple of Middle East and Egypt But now enjoyed across the world. It makes wonderful snack or appetizer serve with warm pita bread.
I remember my first encounter with Hummus and it was not that happy meet . Initially Hummus to me was kind of boring dish color,appearance and taste too. Slowly with each day passing I kind of developed my taste buds and now I literally Love Hummus.I am fairly convinced that hummus is some of the best stuff . It might look boring in the bowl, but this blend of soft chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini and garlic creates a dip that is so much more than the sum of its parts.
- Course :
- Servings :
- Author :
- Description :
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Tahini(optional)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coriander parsley or dill leaves (optional)
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and into food processor.
- Add tahini ,crushed garlic,salt,lemon juice and few spoons of reserved liquid from the chickpea can.
- turn on food processor and add olive oil while it’s running.
- when it’s done pour into serving bowl drizzle some olive oil and decorate few whole chickpeas and green leaves.
Happy Cooking !!
Stay Connected with my food updates on Instagram and Facebook.
Thanks for reading the Post .