Fresh curd mixed with creamy cashews add a velvety richness to this flavorful Indian Chicken Curry .That Paired with homemade naan , Rotis or Rice for the perfect meal !!
Cooked in Curd (Yogurt ) grants a unique flavor to the curry. The combination of curd and all dry spices used in recipe gives a nice aroma and flavor to the curry. Dahi chicken can serve with plain white rice, biryani and best with any roti varieties.
Over these years Staying in Kuwait I have been extremely fortunate to have been introduced to all possible Cuisines of the World.But I would say India is a place of such diversity that the food and ingredients can change entirely within a few miles you travel. Within the same region there are differences and even bigger differences when you step into another state. A whole new world, a whole new meal.
So when I started learning cooking some odd twenty years back, I embraced it with my full heart. Over the years learning and trying all different dishes , Chicken is been one of my fav ingredient. All recipes my Mum makes and even searching on Internet I have been Introduced to many such unique chicken recipes though I have not blogged it all , Butter chicken, methi chicken , Chicken chili , Green chutney Chicken and many many more.
Hope you enjoy this mouthwatering Dahi Chicken recipe. I would love to read your feedback on this recipe and trust me its a must try !!
- Course :
- Servings :
- Author :
- Description :
1. Wash and cut the chicken pieces. Add the chilli powder, cumin powder,coriander powder, salt, curd.
2. Mix it nicely and add 1/2 tbsp oil and again mix it. Let it sit for 35 to 45 min.
3. Take the cashews, wash them and soak them with 1/2 cup milk. Let it soak for 10 min. Transfer to food processor and grind to a smooth paste.
4. In a pan, add the oil and when hot add the onion and tomato. Saute them well.
5. Allow them to cool and transfer to the food processor and make a fine paste. Keep aside.
6.the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds Add green chillies and fry again for a min. Next add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off. Add all dry spices and let it cook for few sec.Add the ground paste of onion and tomato.
7. Add little water and allow to boil. Now add the marinated chicken and garam masala Allow the chicken to cook completely.
8. To this add the cashew paste and water. Adjust the salt, add the water and allow to cook for another 5 min.
9. The gravy starts to thicken. Add the chopped coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
10. Serve it with naan or roti.
Happy Cooking !!
Stay Connected with my all Food updates on Facebook and Instagram @mealswithmemories.
Thanks for reading the post.